Legal Department's Function
The Legal Department's Functions include the following:
• Litigation-The department represents the City and, often, its employees in lawsuits filed against or on behalf of the City.
• Claims against the City - The department collects funds for injury or damage to City personnel, property and equipment.
• Administrative Law - The department represents and provides legal services for various departments in matters involving administrative and personnel matters.
• City Prosecutors - The department provides attorneys for prosecution of City Code and state law violations in the City Municipal Court and in appeals from decisions of that court.
• Contracts and Real Estate - The department provides legal services for the City in the preparation and review of all types of contracts involving the City and represent the City in real estate transactions.
© 2014 City of Montgomery | (334) 625-4400 | 103 North Perry St. | Montgomery, AL 36104 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report an issue | Website Under Construction