The Community Development Division is responsible for the disbursement of federal, state, and local funds to allocate to low-to-moderate income individuals/families in the city limits of Montgomery, Alabama. Activities include, but are not limited to, community services, economic development, housing, community facilities, public improvements, homeless facilities and services, community development and neighborhood revitalization.
Community Development oversees the following programs:
- Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- The City of Montgomery participates in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. During this time, approximately $52 million has been awarded to the City. The grant funds have assisted extremely low, very low, and low-income persons/households by providing much needed services, housing and facilities.
- HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME)
- The City of Montgomery participates in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME). During this time, over $20 million has been awarded to the city and disbursed into the community. Grant funds have been used to assist very-low, low and moderate-income persons/households by providing much-needed affordable housing and down payment assistance for first-time home buyers.
- Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG)
- Works with area agencies to ensure adequate funding for homeless shelters.
|E-Verify Affidavit 2016