September 19 Council Meeting Summary
The following City Council Agenda Items were heard and passed during September 19th, meeting:
Motion to reconsider Ordinance amending Chapter 16 Article V.; Section. 16-231 (Lodging Tax)
passed, but motion to adopt the Ordinance was defeated:
The following City Ordinances were adopted by City Council:
- Ordinance rezoning 18.99 acres located on the southwest side of Troy Highway, approximately 1500 feet south of Taylor Road, from an Agr-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by Planning Commission. (RZ-2004-043)
- Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the northwest corner of Fuller Road and Moore Street* from an R-50 (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District to an R-99-s-Q (Mobile Home Subdivision-Qualified) Zoning District, restricted to one mobile home. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-015)
- Ordinance altering and enlarging the Corporate Limits of the City of Montgomery by including within the Boundaries of said City and Incorporating into contiguous Council District 3234 Washington Ferry Road, District 4.
The following Agenda Item was carried over until the next regular City Council meeting:
- Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land containing 12.5 acres located on the north side of Taylor Road East*, approximately 700 feet east of Taylor Road, from an AGR-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District to a PGH-40 (Patio-Garden Home) Zoning District. (RZ-2017-035). Not Recommended by the Planning Commission. APPEALED.
- Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances Chapter 12, Article II Nuisances to create a new division entitled Vacant and Abandoned Structures Registration; to require property owners of vacant structures to register properties; to establish minimum standards of care and upkeep for the buildings and established penalties for violations. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
- Ordinance amending Code of Ordinances Chapter 12, Article II, Section 31 providing for the establishment, implementation and enforcement of a Residential Rental Business License and Inspection program; defining terms; providing requirements, procedures, and fees for the registration and inspection of non-owner occupied rental property in the City; providing penalties for violations and providing appeal process for the denial or revocation of a Certificate of Registration. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
- Resolution providing for the establishment of the City of Montgomery Neighborhood Services Department and the creation of the City of Montgomery Neighborhood Revitalization Program. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
- Ordinance amending FY 2017 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget.
The following item was withdrawn:
- Appeal of nuisances at 3147 Old Dobbin Road by Joseph Pham.
The following Applications were approved by the City Council:
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Choi Restaurant Group LLC, d/b/a Satsuki Japanese Restaurant, 6534 Atlanta Highway.
- Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Eat South, d/b/a Falls Finest Flavors, 485 Molton Street, Downtown Farm.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by 6854 Eastchase LLC, d/b/a Blackfinn Ameripub Fido Fest 2017, 7340 Eastchase Parkway. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
The following Resolutions were adopted by the City Council:
- Resolution authorizing the Deannexation of 3436 Old Pike Road and authorizing Mayor Strange to file with Montgomery County Judge of Probate.
- Resolution authorizing the Deannexation of 10412 Vaughn Road and authorizing Mayor Strange to file with Montgomery County Judge of Probate.
- Resolution authorizing the Deannexation of 10 parcels pursuant to Settlement Agreement with the Town of Pike Road.
- Resolution authorizing the Deannexation of one parcel of pursuant to Settlement Agreement with the Town of Pike Road.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
The City Council upheld the following item; Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et seq., Code of Alabama the following structures were authorized for demolition:
- 2329 Carlisle Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 028 004.000).
- 2335 Carlisle Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 028 005.001).
- 736 Clover Hill Drive (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 009 022.000).
- 1428 Jordan Street (Parcel # 11 06 23 1 004 011.000).
- 1448 Mobile Road (Parcel # 11 06 14 4 028 004.000).
- 1501 Moses Street (Parcel # 04 09 31 3 005 010.001).
- 1532 Moses Street (Parcel # 04 09 31 3 002 024.000).
- 2430 Sandy Street (Parcel # 11 06 23 2 002 008.000).
The following individuals were reappointed or appointed to a municipal board:
- Resolution appointing Jeff Plancett to the Mental Health Authority by Councillor Jinright replacing Oliver A. E. Orton.