September 5 Council Meeting Summary
The following City Council Agenda Items were heard and passed during September 5th, meeting:
The following City Ordinances were adopted by City Council:
- Ordinance defining Disruptive Residential Rental Properties and Requiring Abatement of Disruptive Properties within the Corporate Limits of the City of Montgomery. (Sponsored by Councillor Green
- Ordinance rezoning four parcels of land located along the north side of Shady Street, and the east and west sides of Lenora Street, from an R-60-d (Duplex Residential) Zoning District to an M-3 (General Industrial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-006)
- Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances, Zoning, Article VII, Section 2 (Residential Districts) Multi-family residential districts (R-75-m, R-65-m, R-60-m and R-60-a) to allow Class “A” – Single family dwellings and Class “D” apartments for any number of families as a permitted use. Recommended by Planning Commission.
- Ordinance adopting regulations for Small Cell Technology Facilities.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate at 3811 Hayneville Road to Artherean Sweeney.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate at 1802 Withers Street to Kon S. Yu.
The following Agenda Item was carried over until the next regular City Council meeting:
- Ordinance amending FY 2017 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget.
- Ordinance rezoning 18.99 acres located on the southwest side of Troy Highway, approximately 1500 feet south of Taylor Road, from an Agr-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by Planning Commission. (RZ-2004-043)
- Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the northwest corner of Fuller Road and Moore Street* from an R-50 (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District to an R-99-s-Q (Mobile Home Subdivision-Qualified) Zoning District, restricted to one mobile home. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-015)
- Ordinance altering and enlarging the Corporate Limits of the City of Montgomery by including within the Boundaries of said City and Incorporating into contiguous Council District 3234 Washington Ferry Road, District 4.
The following item was withdrawn:
- Resolution revoking business license for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Brenda Mirand-Huertas, a/k/a Envios Favorito LLC, d/b/a Tacos Favorito, 1863 Mt. Meigs Road.
The following Applications were approved by the City Council:
- Application for a Manufacturer Liquor License by Common Bond Brewers LLC, d/b/a Common Bond Brewers, 423 Bibb Street, Suite 150.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Druids Charity Club Inc., d/b/a Fall Equinox Festival 2017, 300 Water Street, Downtown Trainshed.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Lightning Line LLC, d/b/a Burger Bash, Zero Hundred Block of Dexter Avenue.
- Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Alabama Restaurant and Hospitality Alliance Inc., d/b/a Taste of the River Region 2017 300 Water Street, Downtown Trainshed.
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises) Licenses by Thursday Inc., d/b/a Marathon, 762 South Perry Street.
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises) Licenses by GMKR Inc., d/b/a Capital Heights Mini Mart, 1705 Upper Wetumpka Road.
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) Licenses by Tap Investments LLC, d/b/a Sundown, 3416 Atlanta Highway.
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) Licenses by CNA Foods LLC, d/b/a Full Moon BBQ, 7660 Eastchase Parkway.
The following Resolutions were adopted by the City Council:
- Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
- Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
- Resolution renaming Woodcrest/Herman L. Harris Recreational Complex to Herman L. Harris Park. (Sponsored by Councillor Burkette)
- Resolution authorizing Mayor Strange to make application to DOJ, Bureau of Justice Assistance, for $83,896.00 2017 Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) for City and County.
- Resolution revoking business license for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Laurekisha Blakely, d/b/a Limitless Options Boutique, 710 Forest Avenue.
- Resolution revoking business license for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Brian Moore, a/k/a B and D Hospitality Inc., d/b/a Tenda Chick, 5951 Atlanta Highway.
- Resolution revoking business license for failure to purchase sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Jesse Buckner, d/b/a Smooth Vapor, 6536 Atlanta Highway.
The following Items were denied by the City Council:
- Ordinance amending Chapter 16, Article V, Section 16-231. - Levied; rate, of the Code of Ordinances (lodging tax).
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by D and L Enterprises Inc., d/b/a Larry’s Trading, 5615 Old Selma Road.
The City Council upheld the following item; Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et seq., Code of Alabama the following structures were authorized for demolition:
- 1576 Westcott Street (Parcel # 11 06 23 1 015 023.000).
- 81 Judge C. Price Street (Parcel # 11 03 05 3 002 066.000).
- 1807 Myles Street (Parcel # 11 06 23 1 024 002.000).
- 4433 South Court Street (Parcel # 10 09 31 2 005 012.000).
- 3753 South Court Street (Parcel # 10 09 30 2 007 009.000).
The following individuals were reappointed or appointed to a municipal board:
- Resolution reappointing Richard E. Hanan to the Water and Sewer Board by Councillor Lyons.
- Resolution appointing Susan Carmichael to the Montgomery Clean City Commission effective October 1, 2017 by Councillor Lyons replacing Joanne Long.
- Resolution reappointing Mildred Worthy to the Water and Sewer Board by Councillor Larkin.
- Resolution reappointing Hugh M. Cole to the Water and Sewer Board by Councillor Jinright.
- Resolution reappointing Emilie H. Reid to the Capital City Educational Building Authority. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
- Resolution appointing Millie Houston to the Capital City Educational Building Authority replacing William W. Bradford. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
- Resolution appointing Henry H. Hutchinson to the Capital City Educational Building Authority replacing Richard L. Kohn. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
- Resolution concurring in the reappointing Henry A. Frazer to the Joint Public Charity Hospital Board. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)