August 1 Council Meeting Summary
The following City Council Agenda Items were heard during August 1st, meeting:
The following Items have been carried over:
- Ordinance amending FY 2017 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget. (Carried over until the August 15th meeting for action after public hearing.)
- Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of an unsafe structure at 1606 Hill Street (Parcel # 11 06 23 1 010 013.00). (Carried over June 6, 2017)
The following Ordinances were passed by City Council:
- Ordinance rezoning parcel of land located on the west side of Caroline Street (414 Caroline Street), approximately 250 feet south of Clayton Street, from a T4-R (General Urban Restricted) Smart Code Zoning District to a T4-O (General Urban Open) Smart Code Zoning District. (RZ-2017-014)
- Ordinance altering and enlarging the Corporate Limits of the City of Montgomery by including within the boundaries of City and incorporating into contiguous Council District: 7024 Epperson Drive, District 1.
The following Application was approved by the City Council:
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by Katha Inc., d/b/a Narrow Lane Pacecar, 2000 East South Boulevard.
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Apolonio Ramirez, d/b/a La Costa Mexican Grill, 2195 Eastern Boulevard.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by 6854 Eastchase LLC, d/b/a The Shindig, 454 South Goldthwaite Street.
The following Resolutions were adopted by the City Council:
- Resolution authorizing PY2017 action plan and authorizing Mayor Strange to make application for $1,549,696 in CDBG funds; $715,889 in HOME funds; $336,140 in ESG funds.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.