City Council Meeting April 18 Summary
City Council Summary
The following City Council Agenda Items were heard and adopted during April 18th, meeting:
The following City Ordinances were adopted by City Council:
- Ordinance amending Chapter 11, Emergency Services, Article II, Ambulances, Section 11-31; 11-32; 11-34; 11-36; 11-38; 11-39; 11-61; 11-62 and 11-64 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Montgomery.
- Ordinance granting a Franchise to Mobilitie, LLC, its successors or assigns, to construct, operate, and maintain Communications Systems within the Corporate Limits.
- Ordinance providing for a Sales Tax Holiday on certain items during the Third Weekend of July and repealing Ordinance No. 26-2007.
- Ordinance consenting to disposal of certain real property by the Water Works & Sanitary Sewer Board in Interstate Industrial Park (Seoyon E-HWA Interior Systems Alabama LLC).
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate for economic development at 414 Caroline Street to Equal Justice Initiative.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate at 144 Simpson Street to Andre Jackson.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate at 541 & 545 Holcombe Street to Isaiah Sankey.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate at 644 Day Street, 531 Hamner Street & 637 Mildred Street to Bridget Lewis.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate at 616 Stephens Street to Seneca Shine.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase/Sale Agreement and sale of real estate at 1514 Ferguson Street to James Hall.
The following Agenda Item was carried over by the Council:
- Ordinance amending Chapter 12 Environment, Sections 12-31 and 12-37 of the Code of Ordinances. (Sponsored by Councillor Lyons)
- Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of an unsafe structure at 227 Marshall Street (Parcel # 11 06 24 1 010 007.000).
The following Applications were approved by the City Council:
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by Birmingham Highway Inc., d/b/a Marathon Food Mart, 3150 Birmingham Highway.
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Rabeya Inc., d/b/a Petro Plus, 2244 West Fairview Avenue, Suite A.
- Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum Association Inc., d/b/a The Fitzgerald Museum Gala and Silent Auction, 300 Water Street, Downtown Train Shed.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Lightning Line LLC, d/b/a Lightning Line, 801 North Perry Street.
The following Resolutions were adopted by the City Council:
- Resolution appointing Larry Peterson to the Montgomery Clean City Commission by Councillor Bell replacing Evelyn Wilson.
- Resolution appointing Michael Jackson to the Montgomery Clean City Commission by Councillor Bell replacing Albert Wilson.
- Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
- Resolution authorizing agreements with the State of Alabama through the ADOT, for the Montgomery MPO for the purpose of a continuous, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning process, to include receiving federal and state funds for transportation purposes.
Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et seq., Code of Alabama the following structures were authorized for demolition:
- 2 Davis Street (Parcel # 10 09 31 2 003 033.000).
- 48 Davis Street (Parcel # 10 09 31 2 003 012.000).
- 608 Oak Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 014 001.000).
- 623 Clinton Street (Parcel # 11 06 13 3 009 005.000).
- 706 Carter Hill Road (Parcel # 10 04 18 4 023 001.000).
- 5944 Oakleigh Road (Parcel # 15 01 02 1 005 024.000).