City Council Meeting
- Date: 07/18/2017 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
JULY 18, 2017 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Larkin or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of June 20, 2017 Work Session Minutes
Approval of June 20, 2017 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
- Ordinance amending Chapter 7, Cemeteries, Sections 7-17(c); Section 7-21 (a)(1) and 7-17(b)(4), of the Code of Ordinances. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
- Application for a Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Licenses by Bangga Bandhu Inc., d/b/a Citgo Food Mart, 2051 Bell Street.
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one lot located at 1723 Forest Avenue from an O-1 (Office) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-009)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one lot located at 1061 Eastern Boulevard from a B-5 (Commercial) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-010)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the east side of Taylor Road, approximately 100 feet south of Halcyon Boulevard, from a PGH-35 (Patio- Garden Home) Zoning District to a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District; Restricted to a monument style, double-faced digital billboard. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-011)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning several parcels of land containing 63 acres located at 3561 and 3601 Wetumpka Highway from AGR-1 (Residential Agriculture) and B-2 (Commercial) Zoning Districts to an M-1 (Light Industrial) Zoning District. (RZ-2017-012)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning 671 South Perry Street from a T4-R (General urban-Restricted) SmartCode Zoning District to a T4-O (General Urban-Open) SmartCode Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2017-013)
- Ordinance authorizing Lease of City Property located adjacent to Paterson Field to the Alabama Educational Television Commission.
- Ordinance altering and enlarging the Corporate Limits of the City of Montgomery by including within the boundaries of City and incorporating into contiguous Council District: East Montgomery Islamic Society, 8786 Vaughn Road, District 8.
- Ordinance granting a Franchise to New South Media Group, LLC, to construct, install and maintain an advertising structure at a designated area at or near Buddy Watson Park.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Christy Posey, d/b/a Helpmate Home Care Services, 1112 South Court Street.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Wei Chen, d/b/a Wasabi Japanese Cuisine LLC, 117 Coosa Street.
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by A and J Entertainment LLC, d/b/a Range 231, 3250 Wetumpka Road (PJ). Councillor Lyons and Chief Finley have no objections; Sheriff Cunningham has objection to issuance on main highway; Commissioner Sankey has no objections.
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by JASIA Enterprises, d/b/a CC Daiquiris, 19 Commerce Street.
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Vic Hinson, d/b/a Westside Social and Savings, 2127 Day Street.
- Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) by New Vision Cinemas LLC, d/b/a Chantilly 13, 10477 Chantilly Parkway.
- Application for Retail Beer (On or Off Premises) by DH Food Services LLC, d/b/a Momma Goldberg’s Deli, 36 Dexter Avenue, Suite 112.
- Application for an Alternative Transportation Service by Leslie Stone, d/b/a K3C Transportation, 3800 McInnis Road.
- Application for a Taxicab Company by Tyrone Barnes, d/b/a TBarnes Professional Cabbing, 386 Thornfield Drive, Millbrook, AL.
- Appeal of proposed demolition of an unsafe structure at 1448 Mobile Road by James Cannon, Jr.
- Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agents.
- Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
- Dr. Felecia Bell, Director of the Rosa Parks Museum, to address Council regarding Juneteenth Celebration sponsored by the Museum. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)